BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 3, 2009

Belated Blog Introduction

























So 3 posts into this blog and I haven't even introduced myself and hadn't up until now decided what I wanted this all to be about.
I have so much inside that needs to be sorted our hence "Sorting everything inside" but I'm not really sure that blurting it all out here will be helpful and I guess reading about someone elses depressing old baggage does not make for a particularly great read.

So, I have decided that this wee blog will be about what is great in my life, the things that make me smile and laugh and bring me joy whatever they may be. I hope that by concentrating my energy on the positive and what is wonderful about life the "blahs" I have felt lately will be gone. Positively gone!

Okay, so here we go. I am a 30 something lass that goes by the name of Claire. I have 2 great kids, both boys, and a loving partner of 12 years that never fails to crack me up.

I love cats, love, love, love um and have 4 of the furry little critters. All rescued!

We also have 2 dogs, 2 birds and a fish pond out the back.

So I guess you can say that I love animals.

I draw alot and have done since I was a teenager. I used to get up to all sorts of mischief and was always getting grounded so I spent many an hour in my room with the stereo cranked right up and drew away to my hearts content. Many people have told me I should get into tattooing and I am now considering getting a tattoo gun and a heap (and I mean a big, big heap) of practice skins and seeing if I really could be any good at it.

I love water. Swimming pools, the ocean, lakes, water falls, water slides, anything to do with water. It does me wonders mentally, I don't know why. Funny thing is I can't stand drinking the stuff. I find it very hard to get down. It's boring to me I guess and makes me pee like a champion.
I haven't eaten beef, pork or lamb for about 5 years. I still eat a little chicken but do not feel particularly great about so giving it up is on the cards. I still eat fish.
I am half English, half Irish and was born in Mauritius. I lived there until I was 2 and then lived in the UK up until the age of 11. We then moved to Australia.
I still have dreams from time to time about walking down the High Street in the little seaside town I lived in. Sadly I hear that half the shops in that street are boarded up and the town has gone to pot. Still, in my dreams it is as it was.

My weight has yo-yoed up and down the scale most of my life and a lot of the time reflects what is going on in my life emotionally. Yes, I am one of those emotional eaters. A born worrier that can eat her way through the entire fridge contents when the shit is hitting the proverbial fan in life. My eating always seems much much more in control when things in life are sailing along. Which I guess is why I have spent most of my adult life overweight. Not a lot of my life has been plain sailing so I really want and need to understand what to do and how to feel and how to deal with emotions rather than stuff them all back down inside with food.

Okey dokey, that's probably way to much waffling about me for one day.

A few weeks ago I decided that my family had to take priority over me working on Sundays (yeah I know, it sucked) so I gave them up. I feel so much happier and love that we now go out and about as a family and spend time in the sunshine, walking, talking, laughing and eating ice-creams ;)

We have a "you beaut" camera which I have never really learnt how to use so yesterday it came with us on our lovely day of sunshine. The place in the pics above is 5 minutes down the road from where we live. The sun shone warmly all day and the air smelt of freshly cut grass, I was with my little family and I was in Heaven.

4 comments:

Chantel said...

Hi Claire!

Yay! I can post a comment!

I like your idea for your blog. I try to keep my blog similar. Writing about positive things in life always gives me a boost! I look forward to learning about the things you love.

Sounds like you have quite a zoo!

I'd love to see some of your drawings - I have always wanted to do a drawing class :)

It was nice to read more about you.

Thank you for sharing the photos of your part of the world :)

Claire said...

Hi Chantel

Nice to catch up at last :)

Yes we definately have a bit of a zoo happening at my place.

I will post some of my pics one day, if I'm feeling brave :P

I headed over to your place today and loved the post about your Dad and the progress pics...amazing!

TC

Claire x

philippa_moore said...

Hi Claire - lovely to learn more about you! I love the design of your blog too, it's so vibrant and colourful!

Claire said...

Thanks Phil and thanks for your lovely blog, old and new. I'm constantly inspired by you and your positivity and your recipes...yum!